WELCOME

Hi I'm 'Bloggita' the offspring of the refash sistas. Welcome to our world of sisterhood... I will attempt to report on their fortnightly gatherings and the creations, gossip and other events that evolve.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gathering #3 June 09

Refashionistas

Gathering #3


At sista Judita’s

Ah yes..it was yet another gathering full of warmth, mirth and stitching.

It seems that each time we get together there is at least one sister who is far too tired after the week to stitch but is happy to sit contentedly and watch the others do their thing. Last time it was Kezzitas turn..this week is was Juditas turn. Judita did though, in her usual form, entertain and amuse us. As well as serving me a fine cup of tea.( Unfortunately the other girls were forgotten.) .. Judita shared some extremely spunky aprons she has happened upon at our favourite store. Bellita modelled hers and the colors and design were just right. Jude also modelled a hand-me-down from aunty someone and showed how she can look hot even in jeans, t-shirt and aunty someone’s old black apron. She wasn’t productive but she was still hot. She spoke briefly about her last project and that there has been discussions in the crown rd household about the type of jigsaw which should be used to cut out our dear monkey friend and even by whom. (a power play perhaps??) Judita remains quietly confident that she can do the job. I say ‘go for it sister”.

Bellita, well no surprises there…working away quite solidly on her mothers refashioned cardi. (again) Which she told me was only going to be worn around the house. Obviously it will be far too fine for a house coat so she has agreed to make it a garment worn to Refash. PERFECT. We’ll look forward to it Bellita. Oh and love the way the braide changes pattern, very exciting.

Lovely Lazzita (as we have now officially decided upon), was very productive and varied in her project choice. I may not even remember all she completed, she mended a bra, and a beautiful silk skirt which may need working on again at some time. We have suggested it could be a wearable instillation refashion piece. Continually fraying and continually changing. Very innovative.

Lazzita then surprised us all by pulling out the most glorious fabric and preceding to cover a canvas with it. I believe with the intention of making a pair.

I myself worked on yet another ..er…unusual project. I had decided to ‘steiner-fy’ Esther’s backpack by sewing a crotched flower over winnie the pooh. I thought it looked quite good but Esther’s still unsure. I then sewed up some pockets in a well loved coat, which is great because I have had it for several years with no pockets. Unfortunately I had not brought anything else but still had the itch to stitch so quietly decorated my sewing basket. (which may be another ongoing project)

I’d also like to mention Sir Scott who was strumming away in another room. Although he declined the invite to serenade the group it was lovely to listen to from a far. There were murmurings of a boy band forming and jamming every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month but personally I can’t see it happening

Dexita also joined the gathering and was showing off in his doggy coat until Scott dragged him away to keep him company. (or because he was told to)

Of course Kerrita and Julitta were sorely missed but were present in spirit.

So all in all another very warm and delicious girly night….

I think we need to continue discussions around membership and possible guest appearances. We are also interested in inviting a crochet-er in to share their expertise. Bellita has another project in mind that will take far longer than this cardigan shes on believe me.

Our next gathering is scheduled for July 10th..and I am happy to offer my humble abode (3 Holt Crt Mordi) as the venue.

Till then..Refash sisters RULE

With love

Sassita

No comments: