WELCOME

Hi I'm 'Bloggita' the offspring of the refash sistas. Welcome to our world of sisterhood... I will attempt to report on their fortnightly gatherings and the creations, gossip and other events that evolve.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

refash 24th July


Well a lovely gathering at my own home this month and what a delight it was to be able to host.

For the most part we were, Sassita, Kezita, Belllita and Lazitta…only later to be joined in a surprise visit by dear Judita and Julieta dropping by after life drawing. How divine.

So this week Kezita was the first to arrive and feeling rather lost as to what to refash. I had mentioned to her earlier in the day that I had loads of mending. So in her usual generous and giving way she was intending in doing some of my mending for me. Kezita proceeded then to unpack the sewing materials her mother had passed on to her and in it found a wonderful container of small multi-colored buttons. Using the new found materials as inspiration Kezita decided to make a button necklace. Kezita worked on this for most of the night and it's coming up great. But will need more work as it needs the other side buttoned so it may be a project to be carried over. Kezita also provided Lazzita with invaluable input just before her early departure (due to an upcoming weekend full of work) Lazzita had begun working on a new project ..a mobile for a new baby to come. It was made from the fabric from our previous gathering. A flower, a heart and a fish. After requesting feedback on the shapes and designs, Kezzita suggested modification to make the bird look a little more birdlike and a little less fish/chick-esque. The newly modelled head and beak did indeed birdify the final piece and Lazzita was rather pleased I believe. On her exit Kezzita provided Lazzita with the perfect yellow felt to make the beak. Lets hope we get to see the final product. Before this mobile Lazzita was working on a prayer flag for above mentioned soon to be born babe.

Unfortunately the flags weren't able to be made as the markers were not so great on the fabric ..making the LOVE, PEACE and other such inspiring words bleed into the fabric.. So Lazzita wisely set the flags aside for another night and started on her mobile.

Belita arrived without wearing her newly refashed cardi from the last few gatherings. She has apparently worn it to school drop off though which is great. Bellita was working on a few projects but the one that stands out to me was the necklace re-threading. I particularly enjoyed the story that went along with it. Ie/ drinking, home, hubby asleep, stuck in necklace, cut self out…thus in need of rethreading. Bellita shared the history of the individual pieces that were to be threaded on. At the end of the rearranging Bellita decided she needed to go home and couldn’t thread on the night. She then drew a picture of her design and will rethread soon. Lets hope she can get out of it this time….otherwise she might be rethreading each fortnight.

As I’ve already mentioned I was mostly mending and altering. Taking down the hem of Mollys jeans as shes grown so fast, taking off a sucky purple bow that was on the fron of a topt. After taking off the bow and making a hole in the fabric I decided to cover it up with a button…oh how I love buttons. Red button on purple top was suggested by our in-house color consultant and it looks great (she wore it today)

I also modelled a new old dress I picked up at the op shop. The sistas seem to agree it had potential and some good suggestions were made for improvements..shortening the sleeves..(yes Kezita it looks much better..I really should be more open to suggestions) as well as asweeping neckline...(just like poison ivy..see profile)..
A special thanks to Marjorie (mums friend) who crotched the tea pot holder which kept our tea warm and ready for seconds. Lazzita I have passed on your request for a beanie of the same pattern. Am now waiting to hear back from Marj.
so thats it in a nut shell..
unitl we meet again
yours
Sassita

3 comments:

Judita said...

Hi Sassita. Fab work sister! Did this report get cut in half somehow? Looks like it is incomplete. Or maybe it is in progress?

Keep up the good work Sass. love Judita x x x

sassita said...

good point jude..I knew there was something I had to get back to...
see you next refash..and thanks for the pic..soooo sexy..pete says she's naughty..naughty and sexy I say..just like me
sassita

Judita said...

Oh how glorious! You have completed the post in style! There has to be a way for me to be notified of added posts. How does this work?

I notice you are still crotching instead of crocheting. (he, he) I think this is a much sexier option. For some reason it reminds me of a 1970s string bikini.

Judita x x x