WELCOME

Hi I'm 'Bloggita' the offspring of the refash sistas. Welcome to our world of sisterhood... I will attempt to report on their fortnightly gatherings and the creations, gossip and other events that evolve.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

thankyou sistas (and fairies)

This message is a thank you to all my sistas over the past  year while dad has been sick and life has been challening. 

Thankyou for all your phone calls and texts, thankyou for all the food that you dropped off, thankyou for understanding when I didn't reply and needed to go underground and hide away, thankyou for encouraging me out  when I needed to get out, thankyou for organising things when I couldn't get organised, thankyou for the long, secure hugs I recieved when I needed to be held, thankyou for the notes and gifts that magically appeared, thankyou for sitting with me as I cried and thankyou for 'being there'.
I always felt held along this journey even when I hadn't seen or spoken to any of you for awhile..there were always little signs here and there that I was very much in your thought and hearts and I felt that..very much!!
..and when dad died you were there for me.. it was so special to see you all around me at the memorial.


And of course thankyou to those myseterious fairies (whoever they may be) and the giant they befriended to give our garden a makeover. Here are some pics..oh those fairies are divine..they held their own little ritual for dad after getting the giant to tidy up our rather unkept garden. The wreath was laid in the middle and all the fairies were lining up in a ceremonious manner.










So in honour of dad I have kept the wreath and have hung it over the birdhouse he made me


 



GOD  My dad would have loved every single one of you so much. You are all just the sort of person he was drawn too...fun, crazy, wacky, naughty but also kind, generous and loving. He would have teased you all about the crazy things you make like birthday branches and doiley t-shirts. But he would also have thought it very clever and would have bragged to everyone about it. I spoke to dad alot about our group and he was always asking when we'd last met and what had happened. Dad was indeed an inventor and creator himself who also loved groups and clubs. I guess I get alot my 'refash-ishness'  from my dad.


                                                                 

                                                                thanks dad!

No comments: