WELCOME

Hi I'm 'Bloggita' the offspring of the refash sistas. Welcome to our world of sisterhood... I will attempt to report on their fortnightly gatherings and the creations, gossip and other events that evolve.

Monday, March 1, 2010

refash at sassitas last week.... important issues were discussed please read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Refash at sassitas

It was a deep reflective and dare I say therapeutic refash last week. Not much creative work was completed at all apart from some designing by kezitta in consultation with Judita re; button necklaces. But although we didn’t really refash we did do a lot of what we all love our sistas for…therapeutic chats!!
There was lots of catching up, sharing, listening and advising.
Along with all these D+M’s we discussed some serious refash constitutional issues. Some of which have been mentioned informally amongst members for some time.
Please see below for the short version of the minutes..

Refash at sistas
Friday 26th
8pm – 12pm
Attendees; Sassita, Kezzita and Judita
Absent; all other sistas not fore mentioned

Several main constitional and organisational items were discussed. As the newly formed, self appointed sub-committee we would like to be put these issues to the wider group for input before final decisions are made.

Item #1…Membership
Discussion;
There has been significant interest from other sister outside of refash re; joining our super cool group. Although we would really, really love to have some of these gorgeous women along, opening up membership may present problems.
ie/ too many sistas will change the nature of the group (no more therapy sessions) space may also become an issue. We discussed at length the pros and cons and worked through the various options.

Proposal;
We keep the regular refash membership as is. But we have sistas of refash sistas 2-4 times a year. This could be held at one of our homes which would accommodate more needles, sewing machines and sistas .. all will be welcome. We could even make these on summer adn winter solstices or at the change of seasons ...or whatever.



Item #2….Refash dates..
Discussion;
Some sistas have been a little confused of late (more than usual)...re refash dates.

Proposal;
we hold refash every second week. Perhaps we can negotiate the day and hold it on Thursdays some weeks for those with social lives.


Item #3….sojourn at soujourn
We need to organise numbers etc.
dates were??? Jude???

Proposal
Finalise as best we can who’s in and who’s out

Item # 4 a night out
Discussion;
Kezitta may be organising a Tapas night at mordy for Friday 12th This will be for refash sistas and sistas of sistas..and sistas of sistas..etc..etc

Proposal;
To be confirmed by Keztita and numbers sorted..

Item # 5 Twilight market

Discussion;
Twilight market coming up on 19th. Where are we up to with it??

Proposal
Confirm what we are doing ..excursion/ stall?? Either both?? Neither??

Meeting adjourned at 12pm..whew

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a simply lovely refash - I am sorry I missed it. Here is my feedback on the items discussed:
1. membership - brilliant idea! I love it
2.refash dates - every 2nd week is great. I will make it when I can. I can never do thurs but happy to have it here on the occasional wed.
3. Soujourn - I am in. It's the 18/19 Sep
4.Night out - Can't make the 12th March. Sorry
5.Twilight market - I've been rubbish. sorry. I've got some sculpture I'm happy to sell. No photos organised yet. Happy to go with the majority decision. Would definitely be up for an excursion.
thats it
love Julieta x

Judita said...

Hi all. You have the wrong dates for Sewjourn. It is the weekend of 24-26 September. Sorry, in a hurry. Judita x x

Lazzita said...

Darling Sista's
So glad to hear you had a therapeutic evening on Friday...I'm sorry I missed it as I miss you all dearly, it hurts. Dear Sista Julietta and I had the most therapeutic weekend EVER!!! Really really looking forward to being a VERY cheeky monkey on Friday night and having a BIG boogie and laugh my head off!!- I'm definiately IN Thanks Sista Sass and Sista Melissa.
Thanks for the minutes from your gathering. Here is my feedback as per Julietta's very wise layout!!:
1. Membership: Love the membership idea and inviting Sista's of Sista's perhaps revolving around the commencement of each of the 4 seasons.
2. Refash dates: Every 2nd week is wonderful for me... had in my head and diary the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month?? Happy to do a Thursday if I can host it @ our home or if Tony has a bye @ volleyball.
3. Soujourn: defininately IN, I've got dates 24th-26th Sep locked in.
4. Unfortunatly can't make Tapas 12th March, but have a ball, it's great food.
5. Twilight Market: Sally is waiting on our images of our creations before we can confirm and pay for our stall. To date I have images from Sigi... could you please send me by THIS Thursday 4th March:
* A DEFINITE confirmation if you are IN,
* A brief description of what you are selling,
* 1 image of your creation/s. Sorry to put the pressure on, but I don't want us to miss out and to disappoint those who are really eager! Many THANKS Sista's
Sooooo looking forward to playing and creating with you all soon
Love and Light, Lazzita xoxoxoxo

Bella said...

Hey, Hey, I hope this works...
1. All good with membership concept
2. every second week makes more sense to my little befuddled brain. like the idea of the seasonal sisters of sisters events too. Can do Thursdays generally but as you know hubby often has things on so its a week by week thing
3.I am a definite for sewjourn. Yay!
4.12th of March is a prep dinner for me. But have a great time. We will be at blah blah in mordi so i could come afterward.
5. I can sell a few T-shirts, a few wallets and a few lasts but won't have a lot of anything. Will send photos to Lazzita asap.
love to you all... I'm missing refash. Bellita

Judita said...

Sounds like we have lots of AYES to most things. So to clarify the dates thing, our next refash meet is on 12 March, then 26 March and so on every 2 weeks regardless of the length of months. This may take us eventually into the strange world of the first and third Fridays of the month. Only time will tell!

Regarding the Sistas of Sistas meetings, in THEORY we can do one now to welcome in the Autumn. The Autumn Refash Sista Fiesta... but in practice, I'm in favour of waiting til Winter, because I have too much on already and I'm trying to keep my head (a little bit) together.

I'm out of the market stall thing for the same reason. And I possibly can't make Tapas either on 12 March as I think Scott will be out twilight sailing... but maybe I could come later.

J x x

Judita said...

By the way, how much are you going to sell your wallets for Bellita? J x x