WELCOME

Hi I'm 'Bloggita' the offspring of the refash sistas. Welcome to our world of sisterhood... I will attempt to report on their fortnightly gatherings and the creations, gossip and other events that evolve.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Pledge to Slow Living

A Pledge to Slow Living

After all that has gone on for me this year I have taken a couple of days off to go slow. I have no plans and have been using this precious time in the garden, at the gym, blogging, reading my newly favourite. mag, cleaning the pot cupboard (FINALLY they don’t all fall out now!!) I have been going slower with the girls; spending time rolling on the bed, taking time to really watch them do their thing instead of ‘oh yea aha, come on lets go now.’ I’ve been leaving to go places a little earlier so I am not a stress freak getting there. I have been sitting in front of the heater patting my cat, painting, felting, sorting photos…I’ve been pottering and going slow..ahhhhhhhh.

I have become aware over the past year or so that slowing down is very important to me. I need to go slow to be happy, relaxed and at peace with my life. I am a far better mother, lover and friend when I approach life this way.
So this time off has not only revived me a little but highlighted my need for slow.
So I am committing publicly to ‘slow living’. I will need to say ‘no’ more often. and schedule my time a little better. Leaving time to arrive places promptly without having rushed, stressed and sweated. Without having said ‘come on….hurry up’ to my kids even once. Allowing time for lost shoes, tired undressed children, and sibling fights. I will need to select very carefully where I put my time and energy making room for going slow. I will also need to be kind to myself and forgive myself for frantic days that are just impossible to slow down.
I don’t think there is ever an ideal time to start doing this so I will start now.


I am going to note at least 1 thing I do each day that has slowed my day down and will put them on the blog every so often. I figure even if I can slow down a little that’s got to be good.

I invite any of the sista’s or anyone else out there to pledge to ‘slow living’. If you can’t start now maybe you can forsee a time in the future where life might be a bit less busy and you could start some ‘slow livin’
Lets face it sista’s many of us need to slow down…I’m not the only 1 am I?????????????????/

3 comments:

Judita said...

Hear, hear! As soon as I have fulfilled my contractual obligations I am with you on this one, especially the bit about getting kids places without telling them to 'hurry up.'. If it helps at all, somebody else sent me a link to this site. Tips on how to say 'no'. Cheers x x

http://zenhabits.net/say-no/

I'll put it on the site as a link too.

Juliet D Collins said...

I am totally with you Sassita! everything you have said there rings totaly true for me ad my life. Why is it so hard to go slow when going fast is such an unnatural and stressful state to live in? I would like to take the Slow Living Pledge and I am going to go and follow Judita's link on how to say NO right now...

sassita said...

oh fabulous..if we do it together and encourage each other it may be easy. I even need permission to go slow sometimes and feel better when I know other women are out there saying 'no' and going slow. Sounds a bit like a slogan doesn't it..hmmmmm

say no
go slow